Parent and Friends Association
Every child's education is a three way partnership between parents, pupils and teachers.
- Every effort is made to ensure that they are knowledgeable about the work of the school through regular news and information letters.
- Formal meetings are arranged between parents and teachers and our 'open door' policy welcomes informal contact between parents and teachers on a regular basis.
- Parents are encouraged to promote the learning of their children at home by supporting them with their homework, reading and learning tables.
- Parents offer valuable practical support to the school such as supporting activities and taking educational visits, as well as financial support.
Association of Parents, Friends and Teachers
The school has a supportive Parent, Friend & Teacher Association and all parents and friends of the school are invited to join in their activities. This association does not exist solely for `fundraising '.
- The main aims of the Ysgol Hafan y Môr’s Parent, Friend and Teacher Association are:
- To develop a full understanding between parents and teachers.
- To help parents understand recent developments in teaching and learning.
- To provide wider information about local and national provision within education.
- To support activities of all kinds to promote the education and wellbeing of our pupils.
- To assist the school to maintain amenities that would not normally be available, by collecting money.